1. It was reported that more than one million people ______ light showers on May 2, 2008 to cheer the Olympic torch relay in Hong Kong.
A. had ignored B. ignored
C. ignore D. have ignored
2. —He can speak English because he once lived in London.
—Really? How long ______ there?
A. does he live B. is he living
C. has he lived D. did he live
3. —When do you know Beijing Olympic tickets can ______ online?
—From April, 2007. And I am sure that tickets for the 110 meters hurdles will ______ well.
A. be booked; be sold B. book; be sold
C. be booked; sell D. book; sell
4. The other day, Johnny returned to his house after a holiday only to find that it ______.
A. is broken into B. has been broken into
C. had broken into D. had been broken into
5. Don’t take the picture-book away. It ______ me.
A. belongs to B. is belonged to
C. was belonged to D. belonged to
6. Jane, look at the clouds! It ______!
A. is about to rain B. is going to rain
C. rains D. is to rain
7. —Don’t forget to buy me an MP4, Dad.
A. I don’t B. I won’t
C. I didn’t D. I haven’t
8. —You were not at home yesterday evening. Did you go to see a film?
—Yes. I ______ seeing films.
A. have liked B. had liked
C. liked D. like
9. —Have you got your test result?
—Not yet. I believe that the papers ______.
A. are correcting B. have not corrected
C. are still being corrected
D. had not been corrected
10. Mary mentioned that the dog ______ her daughter more than once.
A. had attacked B. attacks
C. has attacked D. would attack
11. So difficult ______ it to work out the problem that I decided to ask Lily for help.
A. do I find B. did I find
C. would I find D. have I found
12. —Oh, Mr. Wang, I forgot the textbook again.
—You ______ something.
A. have left B. are always leaving
C. left D. did leave
13. —What ______ when I phoned you yesterday?
—I ______ my work, and I was going out.
A. have you done; finished
B. were you doing; finish
C. did you do; had just finished
D. were you doing; had just finished
14. No sooner ______ to the office than she got down to writing the report.
A. has she got B. did she get
C. does she get D. had she got
15. Lisa ______ a book about China last year but I don’t know whether she has finished it.
A. was writing B. wrote
C. had written D. has written
16. —How are you planning to travel to Beijing?
—I ______ yet, but I ______ taking a train.
A. didn’t decide; am considering
B. haven’t decided; consider
C. haven’t decided; am considering
D. hadn’t decided; have considered
17. —Have you finished the article?
—No, but I ______ it all this week.
A. write B. had written
C. have written D. have been writing
18. We first met in 1998, and from then on we ______ good friends.
A. are B. will be
C. have been D. had been
19. —Did you notice our head teacher just now?
—No, I ______ of something else.
A. was thinking B. thought
C. had thought D. have thought
20. —I left my dictionary on the desk by the window, but now it’s gone.
—Who do you think ______ it?
A. will take B. has taken
C. takes D. had taken
21. All of the students ______ by 7:30, but their headmaster ______ until 20 minutes later.
A. had arrived; hasn’t turned up
B. arrived; didn’t turn up
C. had arrived; didn’t turn up
D. arrived; hadn’t turned up
22. I promise the matter will ______.
A. be taken care B. be taken care of
C. take care D. take care of
23. The little girl is generally healthy, but every now and then she ______ a cold.
A. has caught B. is catching
C. will catch D. does catch
24. —Has Mr. Zhang returned from America yet? I’d like to see him.
—I’m very sorry, but he ______ back here only last weekend and is now in Canada.
A. has been B. would be
C. is D. was
25. Mr. Li, I should tell you this is the fifth time you ______ me for my twin sister.
A. have mistaken B. mistake
C. had mistaken D. mistook
26. Jack woke up from a terrible dream, only ______ in another world, one that was real.
A. finding him B. found himself
C. be found D. to find himself
27. ______ around the lab, the visitors were taken to the playground.
A. Having shown B. Having been shown
C. Being shown D. To be shown
28. The students are not allowed, unless they have special passes, ______ after 10:30 pm.
A. to stay out B. staying out
C. stay out D. stayed out
29. I think that more attention should be paid ______ the students’ abilities.
A. to developing B. developing
C. to develop D. develop
30. ______ on Main Street, the market is busy every day.
A. To locate B. Locate
C. Located D. Locating
31. My teacher advised the dictionary ______ be bought in three days.
A. refer to B. referring
C. referred to D. to refer
32. —Sorry, sir, I can’t answer this question.
—Well, you’re supposed ______ this part of history.
A. reading B. having read
C. to have read D. to read
33. She seemed ______ who I was, so I had to introduce myself.
A. to not recognize B. not to recognize
C. to have not recognized
D. not to have recognized
34. Mrs. Smith warned her daughter ______ after drinking.
A. never to drive B. to never drive
C. never driving D. never drived
35. My computer wants _______. It’s out of control.
A. to repair B. being repaired
C. repaired D. repairing
36. I asked my employer to get me ______ what’s going on in my office while I was away on holiday.
A. informed B. informed of
C. informing of D. to be informed
37. It remains ______ when we’ll have the next meeting.
A. to decide B. to be decided
C. deciding D. decided
38. We only have little time together, so we try ______ it wisely.
A. spending B. spend
C. to spend D. having spent
39. Many students expect there ______ no exams in the future.
A. be B. to be
C. being D. been
40. It’s no use ______ — you just need ______ the test again later.
A. complaining; to take B. to complain; to take
C. to complain; taking D. complaining; taking
41. The teacher was the last ______ the _______ classroom.
A. to leave; falling B. left; fallen
C. having left; falling D. leaving; fallen
42. Many businessmen attended the Boao Forum because they knew what ______ from it.
A. getting B. to be got
C. got D. to get
43. Having been shaken by the big earthquake, ______.
A. doctors came to their rescue
B. the tall building collapsed
C. an emergency measure was taken
D. warning was given to the tourists
44. What worried the child most was ______ to visit his mother in hospital.
A. his being not allowed
B. not allowing
C. his not being allowed
D. not allowed
45. Mrs. Brown was disappointed to see the washing machine she had had ______ went wrong again.
A. to repair B. being repaired
C. repaired D. repair
46. Once your business becomes international, ______ constantly will be part of your life.
A. to fly B. fly
C. to be flying D. flying
47. Everything ______ into consideration, they believed themselves more.
A. taken B. to take
C. taking D. to be taken
48. In that situation, they couldn’t do anything but ______.
A. sitting and waiting B. sat and waited
C. sit and wait D. to sit and to wait
49. He pushed his way through the crowd, ______ “Excuse me.”
A. to say B. say
C. said D. saying
50. ______ the fare, I got out of the taxi and dashed into the station.
A. To pay B. Paid
C. Having paid D. Paying
1-5 BDCDA 6-10 BBDCA 11-15 BBDDA 16-20 CDCAB
21-25 CBDDA 26-30 DBAAC 31-35 CCDAD 36-40 BBCBA